Removing flat tyre, loosening beads & then putting on spare tyre is a very hectic job. With the rise of technology machines have taken place the manual works requiring very little human effort. The dedicated equipment is here which completes this tedious job within minutes.
Components used in Tyre Changer equipment
- Foot Pedals
- Consists of 2 pedals, left pedal is called clamp control pedal (a three position pedal that opens and closes rim clamps).
- Pneumatic pistons move 4 rim clamps together or apart simultaneously once it is pressed down.
- Right pedal is known as table top pedal (a three position pedal that controls rotation of the table).
- Once the table top pedal is pressed down table top spins clockwise & table rotates counter clockwise when pedal is raised.
- Air pressure system
- Provides air to inflate mounted tyres on wheels.
- It consists of 4 components namely air hose, air inflation gauge, inflation pedal & compressed air that travel into tyre.
- The air inflation gauge displays air pressure within tyre when air hose is connected to the valve stem. SI unit used here is psi (pounds per square inch).
- When the inflation pedal is raised air burst out.
- Mount/demount mechanism
- It consists of duck head, swing arm, & vertical slide.
- Duck head is uniquely shaped to fit next & surrounds the rim. It mounts/dismounts the wheel.
- Swing arm moves the duck head near or away from the rim
- To fit the duck head onto the rim of different sized wheel widths the vertical slide must be moved up & down.
- Table top & rim clamps
- It holds and rotates the wheel to mount or dismount a tyre.
- It is able to rotate clockwise and counter clockwise.
- It is shaped as the letter "X", but it can be a circle in different tyre changer models.
- Bead loosening system
- Releases the tyre bead from the rim of the wheel.
- At the end of the arm a shovel shaped metal is present known as bead loosener shoe & at the top of arm handle with button is available to engage the bead loosening system.
- There are rubber squares to protect wheel from scratches during the bead loosening procedure.
This equipment is the result of many years of hard working engineers. The equipment follows the safety measures for human & numerous features are built in with it to reduce time & to be more effective. Different types of tyre changer are available in the market offered for heavy vehicles as well as light vehicles. These equipment takes take less than a few minutes to complete the tasks.
Differentiation on dedicated heavy vehicles & low vehicle equipment varies in tooling sets & specification. Equipment like these helps in preventing damage& minimizes stress on tyre & rim.
Apart from this get to know about the InterEquip Wheel Aligner products.